This course gives you a deep and practical understanding about Bitcoin, the underlying blockchain technology, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies. All the necessary ingredients to become the blockchain expert for your company.
We will give you a very good understanding of cryptocurrencies, what they are, how they differ, how to mine and program them and even how to create your own coin and apply blockchain technology for your industry.
To give you a solid foundation in the concepts behind these innovations, we looking at the technology behind bitcoin, problems associated with it and their different solutions. Then we move on to newer, improved concepts such as the Ethereum Blockchain, with its Smart Contracts and Distributed App development to perform actual work.
Then we move on to advanced topics such as privacy, zero-knowledge proofs and security. The pratical exercises give you valuable hands-on experience with private industrial blockchains and their applications. We also cover newer innovations that are present in altcoins and provide a broad overview of the technology. Throughout the whole course we use a Free and Open Source software stack built entirely on top of a Linux distribution.
We look at the process of creating your own crypto currency and the application of blockchain technology to your industry.
Course participants receive a secure hardware wallet where they can safely store their assets.
Blockchains, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Smart Contracts, Mining pools and clustering, Regulation, Taxes, Privacy, Monero, Zero-knowledge proofs, Zcash, Security, Altcoins, Ripple, Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Monax, Trading, Internet of Things Blockchains, AI Blockchain, ICO's
- A basic level of experience of Linux on the command line. Similar than the Linux Basics and Command Line Course.
- Some programming experience.
- Day 1
- Introduction and history of BlockChains
- Bitcoin from a user perspective
- Different types of wallets (paper, software, online, offline, hardware)
- Exercises: Basic setup and create your own Bitcoin wallet
- The technology behind Bitcoin
- Exercises: Running a Bitcoin backbone node
- Bitcoin Mining, mining pools and clustered setup
- Exercises: Setup a basic bitcoin mining operation
- Bitcoin problems and solutions through alternative coins: Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold
- The future of Bitcoin: Lightning network, Bitcoin Improvement Proposals
- Introduction and history of Smart Contracts
- Basics of Ethereum and why it was created
- Exercises: Create your own Ethereum wallet
- Smart Contracts
- Exercises: Create a smart contract for a new coin on top of Ethereum
- Applications of smart contracts in the real world
- Smart Contract development pitfalls and tools (Truffle, Metamask,...)
- Exercises: Building a Decentralized App with a smart contract
- Trading crypto currencies
- Exercises: Trading Crypto Currencies
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICO's)
- Mining: proof of stake and other alternative mining methods
- Regulation, taxes and politics
- Privacy and Security: Zero-knowledge proofs applied to blockchain and Zcash
- Exercises: Exploring blockchain security limitations
- Overview, features and classification of Altcoins
- Exercises: Working with altcoins and mining
- Private and industrial blockchain applications - case study: Ripple
- HyperLedger Burrow (Monax) and Fabric (IBM)
- Exercises: Innovative solutions through blockchains
- Linux distro's specifically built for blockchain and crypto
- Interesting blockchain applications: Internet of Things, Machine-to-Machine transactions, Artificial Intelligence, Datamining,...
- Courseware: theory and exercises
- Hardware crypto currency wallet
- Linux Penguin USB Mass Storage (16GB)
10 September - 14 September 2018
Price 2.950,- € + VAT
Phone: +32 (0)2 747 47 01
You can find the Full Calendar here.