This course teaches you various aspects of setting up and configuring a Samba Server for small and large environments. Build and configure various popular settings and learn concepts such as Domain Structure versus Active Directory, File and Print Services using Samba and authentication integration.
Prerequisites Experience with a Linux system as a System Administrator. Having followed the Linux System Administrator course and the Linux Troubleshooting course or equivalent fluent experience with an editor, the permission system and troubleshooting.
- Insight in the SMB proctocol
- The difference between Windows 2000 Domain Structures and Active Directory
- Understanding how Samba works and how to install it
- Configuring Samba
- Setting up File and Printer sharing capabilities
- PDC setup
- LDAP integration
- Performance and security considerations
- Troubleshooting of common problems
This course prepares for LPI Certification Level 1 - Exam 302
Price 1.750,- € + VAT
Phone: +32 (0)2 747 47 01
You can find the Full Calendar here.